Diamond faceted gift box with Papericious papers - tutorial

Hello friends!
Today I am sharing quick project and tutorial using Papericious new release Guilded onyx Design papers and mini mdf shakers...
I will not take much of your time as it is a picture heavy post..so here is my project... I have created this box keeping valentine theme in mind..

And here is step by step tutorial:
To make this gift box I have used envelope punch board..and you can vary size of box..here I have taken 8"*8" two cardstock..and scored at 4" all four sides...i.e 1/2 of your size..means if you take 8*8" then score at 4" ..if you take 7"*7" then score at 3.5" ,6"*6" then score at 3"...like that..
Step:1- took two cardstock 8"*8"..and scored n punched at 4" on all four sides in both




Step:2- now score at 3/8" on all four sides..see in picture..then in one piece of cardstock cut n remove all that four 3/8" sides..see in picture..and in other card stock..cut small top 3/8" X3/8" square n remove..you can see details in picture




Step:3 - score and barnis all lines and add red tacky tape on 3/8" sides on one cardstock.. now stick other cardstocks triangle part in tacky tape area in ' v' shape..or in triangle shape and automatically all four triangle shapes will fit in its place and you will get a diamond faceted box.


 Step:4 - I have removed top 4.5" x4.5" for top box opening..and took one 5.5"X5.5" piece of cardstock for the lid..which I have join with a hinge..means I took 3/4"*5.5" card stock n scored at 3/8" on 3/4" side and stick the lid part with this hinge part ..then used a tiny piece of magnet on both sides..inside of the box base n on box lid..for magnetic closing...used a piece of satin black ribbon for easy holding of lid part...
Step-5: now your box is ready n decorate according to your choice of paper on all sides and top part...here you can see the final result.. 

thank you..for staying with me so far🙂 for supplies you can check the supply list below..see you soon with my next post..till then bye ..
Love n hugs
Daksha

Supplies used:





 For heart diecut I have used AliExpress heart die,"Love"diecuts from DCAM dies,and sentiment from Altenew stamp.




Comments

Popular Posts